Now More Than Ever
Updated: Sep 4
Summer is almost over in the US… It is leaving behind historic hottest days, wildfires destroying nature and homes, with the resulting smoke polluting the air and filling the lungs of humans and most other animals, massive floods, warming ocean waters… and this is only what we experience on this side of the world… I am just back from Argentina where I experienced several unusually hot days while it was Winter there… Climate Crisis is now a Climate Emergency… We must continue our mission to push for large and small, individual, and community-driven, solutions to lower carbon dioxide emissions and pollution… We must remain focused and determined…
I was honored to have my work “Finding the Courage to Change”, featured in this blog, become part of The Climate Art Collection, a Berlin (Germany) based association that publishes and curates climate and nature related artworks, and aims to make climate change and its associated impacts accessible and approachable to a global audience, as well as to preserve the beauty of our planet.
In September, there is a lot happening for me, the arts, and the art-climate-activism:
· My work will be at GEOMORPHIC FORESIGHTS, along with artist/curator Liliana Folta, at a 2-women show at Gallery 1832 of LabCentral, from Sept 18th 2023 to Jan 8th 2024 (238 Main Street, Cambridge MA). Opening Reception: Thu Oct 12th (4:30-6:30 pm). Register here!!!
The exhibit takes place in parallel with CATCH AND RELEASE at 700 Main Street, featuring work by i3C artists Rebecca McGee Tuck and Jeffrey Nowlin, Lisa Barthelson and Loretta Park. Opening Reception: Wed Oct 4th (4:30-6:30 pm). Register here!
· i3C: THE NON-HUMAN IS PUSHING BACK, curated by Michaela Morse, Jeffrey Nowlin and me, with i3C and guest artists, is coming up at the Piano Craft Gallery. The exhibit will run from Sept 1-17, 2023, with an Opening Reception on Fri Sept 1st (6-8 pm), a Mending Workshop on Sun Sept 10th (2-4 pm) and a Closing Reception on Sun Sept 17th (3-5pm).
· Metamorphosis: Artistic Visions for a Resilient Planet, curated by Rebecca McGee Tuck, at the Scollay Square Gallery, Boston City Hall, with i3C and guest artists, from Sept 15 to Oct 30, 2023.
· My diptych piece, Nurture Nature, will be featured at the “State of Emergency/State of the Earth”, curated by Liliana Folta, at Fort Point’s Midway Gallery. This art exhibit will be on view from Aug 29th to Sept 27th, 2023 with an Opening Reception on Sat Sept. 9th, from 4:30 to 6:30pm & associated Runway (curated by Dawna Davis) at 7 pm.
· South End Open Studios are also coming up! Please come visit our shared space at 450 Harrison Ave, studio #213, on Sat Sept 23rd & Sun Sept 24th (11 am to 6 pm)!
Hope to see you IRL in one or more of these venues!
And until next time!
Image: “Finding the Courage to Change”, acrylic, acrylic and ink pen and water-soluble crayons on corrugated cardboard, 14 x 14 x 1 inches, available. This work has been accepted at The Climate Art Collection, a Berlin (Germany) based association that publishes and curates climate and nature related artworks, and aims to make climate change and its associated impacts accessible and approachable to a global audience, as well as to preserve the beauty of our planet.